We believe that we can offer our very best level of eyecare in the Practice. We are able to offer all our normal examinations on site without the need to transfer from a wheelchair.
However, if you are unable to attend the Practice, we will come to you. This examination will meet our high standards within the limitation of the equipment that we can bring with us and your situation. Some of our supplementary tests are only available in the Practice.
This service is available if you live in North Somerset. If you live outside North Somerset, please visit www.nhs.uk/service-search for a list of Home Visit providers in your area.
Who will examine me?
Our domicilary visits are normally carried out by Ruth Low.
What day do your normally make home visits?
We normally visit on Tuesday mornings, from 8.30am
What if I need new spectacles?
We will bring a range of frames for you to choose from. If you have any particular style in mind, please let us know before we visit. We may be able to use an existing frame of your own.
If you are in receipt of an income based benefit, spectacles are available within the NHS Voucher range.
What will a home visit cost me?
How can I arrange a domicilary visit?
Ring us on 01934 843713 or click here Contact Us and we will contact you or your carer.
Do I need to make special arrangements in my home?
- We like a room in which the curtains can be drawn to give a dimmed light.
- A small table and an upright chair for the Optometrist is very helpful.
- You can remain in your own chair or bed.
Please have available:-
- A list of any medications you are taking.
- Any spectacles or magnifiers that you have, including any that are of no use.
- Any history of Eye Hospital visits or operations.